Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Homemade Hummus


After buying hummus at the store and reading the ingredients, which basically consists of chick peas, tahini paste (sesame seeds), olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and spices I figured I mine as well make my own! This recipe is really simple and hummus is something you make to your own liking. Meaning they're no exact ingredients or directions. You can add anything to your hummus depending on what you like; roasted garlic, avocado, sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers etc. 

Ingredients:
1 can chick peas
4 Tbsp. olive oil (varies depending on the consistency you like)
Juice from half a lemon
1 1/2 Tbsp. of toasted sesame seeds (I added this in place of tahini paste)
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt (optional) *I added this for a more creamy texture, hummus recipes don't usually contain yogurt*
cilantro
Sriracha 
salt and spices to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a food processor (I used my Ninja) until you reach your desired consistency.
*If you have tahini paste use that, I just didn't have any. Again all these ingredients you can add more or less of, it's really just a personal preference!* Hope you Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment